For everyone interested in starting a postgraduate course this year in Europe I´ll like to put for your consideration this one specially, for those interested in contemporary design strategies, emergent systems, information theory, material computation and form finding through the use of parametric and generative software, imparted by a great group of tutors.
TAC Technically Advanced Construction is a new postgraduate course for graduates and professionals sponsored by the Department of Building Environment Science and Technology (BEST), Politecnico di Milano. It will run for three months and will allow participants to achieve specific levels of knowledge in the design-to-production process through the use of advanced digital tools for design and the creation of physical models.
The entire course, based at the Polytechnic of Milan, will take place through studies, workshops and working periods assisted (during the development, manufacture and test trial) by a team of highly skilled professionals and teachers (from studies and international schools like AA London, ARUP, Buro Happold, Zaha Hadid, Gehry Technologies, SPAN Architects …).
The objective is to design, prototype, and finally the test “multi-performative skins” through computational design software. Audits in progress performance of the “skin”. will be the main feedback to optimize the final design.
The course will be completed by a series of public lectures held by the same course tutors and other professionals and teachers of international renown.
The course will start on Aprin 4, 2011 and will end on July 9, 2011 (daily attendance).
Registration are open until March 14, 2010. To see more information about the eligibility and process of admission please check this link.
You can check out the whole course agenda here.
– Evan Greenberg [AA_London, EmTech] 1st week
– Christina Doumpioti [AA_London, EmTech] 1st week
– Matias del Campo [SPAN Architects] 2nd – 3rd week
– Sandra Manninger [SPAN Architects] 2nd – 3rd week
– Oliver Tessmann [Bollinger + Grohmann] 4th week
– Luis Fraguada [LaN + IaaC Barcelona] 5th -6th week
– Edmondo Occhipinti [Gehry Technologies] 7th – 8th week
– Marco Verde [HYPERBODY TU Delft] 9th week
– Luca Dal Cerro
[DeCoDe Paris] 11th week
– Valerio Bonora [DeCoDe Paris]11th week
– Giammichele Melis [Buro Happold] 12th week
DIGITAL TOOLS TUTORS
– Alessio Erioli [Università di Bologna, Co-de-iT]
– Andrea Graziano [Co-de-iT]
– Federico Rossi [London Southbank University, bloomlab architects]
– Emanuele Naboni [Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts]